PALO ALTO, Calif. – July 31, 2018 – Yellowbrick Data today emerged from stealth to debut its revolutionary Yellowbrick analytic solution for hybrid cloud, the cornerstone of which is the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse™. The company has also revealed $44M in Series A funding from DFJ, GV, Menlo Ventures, Samsung Ventures and Third Point Ventures. Based on the Yellowbrick architecture for native flash queries, the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse is 30x smaller and up to 140x faster compared to existing solutions. Yellowbrick Data is already generating revenue, with multiple customers including Overstock.com, Symphony RetailAI and TEOCO Corporation.
“The performance we saw after one week of testing blew us away. The Yellowbrick Data Warehouse allows us to do things that we couldn’t do before – and at a price point that can be three to five times lower than any other competitive solution,” said Atul Jain, Chairman and CEO of TEOCO Corporation. “The Yellowbrick system is so powerful; we will be able to produce insights that we could not produce before.”
Data warehousing needs a redesign: a fragmented ecosystem of solutions based on legacy architectures has hamstrung efficiency and forced businesses to compromise on how quickly and easily they can derive insights from data. Big Data and analytics are already an indispensable tool for enterprises; emerging fields like AI, autonomous devices and IoT will only make the ability to rapidly access current and historic data more essential. As personal technologies have gotten smaller and more powerful, how is it possible that the enterprise data warehouse continues to be such a bloated resource drain?
INTRODUCING THE YELLOWBRICK DATA WAREHOUSE
Yellowbrick Data brings simplicity back to analytics and data warehousing. Designed as a turnkey appliance using the latest technologies, the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse is based on the Yellowbrick architecture for native flash queries, unlocking the true speed of flash memory to power analytics in the hybrid cloud.
Features of the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse include:
- 97% SIZE REDUCTION: replacing six seven-foot cabinets and multiple independent systems with one 12-inch, fully integrated appliance means less hardware to manage and better reliability. Customers will save millions in power, cooling and data center costs.
“Yellowbrick will save TEOCO $5 million in data center costs over the next several years.” – Rick Mahuson, VP of R&D Business Analytics at TEOCO Corporation
- UP TO 140x FASTER: in retail fraud detection, advertising analytics, ad hoc queries and more, customers get results in minutes or seconds to queries that were once impossible using conventional solutions.
“With mission critical federal programs, having the ability to load data faster, query data faster, do joins that might lead to a discovery that you wouldn’t have seen before is an actual life-saver.” – Wes Daniels, COO of Clarity Innovations, a Yellowbrick partner
- YELLOWBRICK ARCHITECTURE FOR NATIVE FLASH QUERIES: Yellowbrick Data engineered the entire stack to perform at the speed of memory. Replacing the spinning disk with an all memory architecture, data moves directly from flash memory to the CPU. A modular design allows customers to scale up to petabytes of data by adding analytic nodes on the fly.
“With Yellowbrick, we can easily add an extra blade or two, even with the appliance running. Right-sizing hardware no longer poses a challenge.” – Atul Jain, Chairman and CEO of TEOCO Corporation.
- ANALYTIC DATABASE FOR MODERN ENTERPRISE: designed specifically for high level of ingest and processing, customers can run mixed workloads, including ad hoc queries, large batch queries, business reports, ETL processes and OBDC inserts simultaneously without delay.
“The Yellowbrick Data Warehouse offers Overstock a solution to the challenge of fast analytics at a reasonable cost. It is a unique combination of simple deployment with fast and scalable analytic execution.” – Don Boling, manager of business intelligence at Overstock.com
- HYBRID CLOUD DATA WAREHOUSING: the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse architecture supports on-premises, private cloud, co-location, edge computing, and public cloud. The small form factor facilitates deployment virtually anywhere.
“We’re expanding Yellowbrick Data Warehouses out to multiple customers across the globe. We think we can consolidate multiple systems onto the Yellowbrick platform.” – Nigel Pratt, SVP of Technology of Symphony RetailAI
Founded in 2014 by Neil Carson (CEO), Jim Dawson (CRO) and Mark Brinicombe (principal architect), the Yellowbrick team brings decades of experience in both databases and data warehousing hardware from companies including Fusion-io, Netezza, Google, Microsoft Server, Intel, Snowflake, IBM and Informix. Leading venture capital firms DFJ, GV, Menlo Ventures, Samsung Ventures and Third Point Ventures provided $44 million in Series A funding.
General availability for the Yellowbrick Data Warehouse opened in September 2017. For more information, contact Yellowbrick Data at firstname.lastname@example.org.