Yellowbrick Outperforms Snowflake: Job Completed in < ½ Time and >75% Cheaper!
It’s easy for us to tell you that we’re faster than the competitors in the data warehousing space, but it’s more valuable to show you how much faster we are than our competitors.
In this price-performance comparison challenge, Yellowbrick CTO Mark Cusack walks through a side-by-side comparison of Snowflake and Yellowbrick as we run industry-standard TPC-DS data warehousing workload at high concurrency.
We found Yellowbrick to be 7x less expensive and 2x faster than Snowflake.
But price-performance is not everything. With Yellowbrick, you get high concurrency, simple management, seamless migration with 100% postgres compatibility, and the ability to deploy a data warehouse anywhere you want – on-prem or in the cloud.
- TPC-DS dataset loaded in both Yellowbrick and Snowflake
- 100 GB, 1.2 billion row largest table
- Exact same data in both DBs – no tuning
- ~500 unique SQL queries
- Mix of complex, slow running, and simple queries
- Same queries / same order against both DBs
- 11 concurrent queries running against Yellowbrick and Snowflake
Compute Cluster Size:
- Yellowbrick: 5x small nodes ($11.33/hour, 1-Year Subscription)
- Snowflake: 16 node XL (16 credits, $32/hour, Standard Edition)