Enterprises today struggle to meet modern analytics and data warehouse demand. Traditional data warehouses are overloaded. They cannot cost-effectively support ad hoc queries on raw fact data, retain enough historical data to fully benefit from predictive analytics, ingest data in real-time, or support interactive applications.
A recently recorded webcast discusses the phenomenal benefits and capabilities of a combined Yellowbrick Data and MicroStrategy analytics and data warehouse solution. Read on for a summary of the webcast content.
The combined Yellowbrick Data and MicroStrategy solution offers enterprises the following benefits:
- The fastest performance at the lowest cost (best price/performance on the market)
- Support for simultaneous, mixed workloads, including real-time inserts of IoT and OLTP data at 100,000s of rows per second, batch ingests, interactive applications, and ad hoc queries
- Dramatically faster dashboards, business critical reports, and ad hoc queries for instant insight
- Support for thousands of concurrent users to add analysts and discover new optimizations
- Simple data modeling with high-performance ANSI SQL for true self-service analytics
- Scale to petabytes of data in just 6 rack units of space
- Ability to query live data via native access that eliminates the need for indexes, aggregates, cubes, or rollups
What customers are saying
Yellowbrick customers are reporting results like the following:
- “[We could] build a 182-billion row table in under 2 minutes.” Overstock.com
- “Instead of replicating it into twenty different tables, flattened out five different ways, to answer the same question in Yellowbrick, you could just run one simple join.” Clarity Innovations
- “We wanted to reduce the number of platforms and provide faster response times to user queries.” Symphony RetailAI
- “We found Yellowbrick to have the highest performing, most scalable and cost-effective platform for our 300TB environment.” Allscripts
- “The performance we saw at the end of one week blew us away.” TEOCO
Proof in action: a demonstration
Because seeing is believing, the webcast provides a demonstration of the MicroStrategy and Yellowbrick Data solution.
The demonstration ran a TCP-H benchmark in a multi-tenant environment to achieve the following results:
- 3.5 billion rows of data loaded in about 5 minutes
- Ad hoc interactive queries completed in seconds, running over raw atomic data, without caching, as data was loading
- Fast performance for complex queries. TCP-H query number 1 (customers returning items more than 20% than other customers, by state) was modified to query all states, joining dimension tables. The query completed in about 4 seconds.
- High concurrency. The demonstration used JMeter to simulate many concurrent users and queries hitting the system. 99% of the time, queries returned in 1/10th of a second or less and 95% of the time in 1/4 of a second or less.
- Workload management capabilities ensured critical queries or users had priority to system resources to complete quickly
- Admins had real-time visibility into all workloads running on the system
- Simple integration with MicroStrategy, just like any standard SQL database
You can view the 25-minute on-demand webcast here: