451 Research recently published their annual report, “Top 10 IT trends for 2019.”
This report identifies the following trends for business leaders to be aware of:
- ‘Cloud native’ takes center stage
- Successful organizations will be ‘data driven’
- Focus in digital procurement shifts to optimization
- A new ‘Age of Automation’
- ‘Edge’ computing becomes more tangible
- The context economy begins to flourish
- ‘WorkOps’ emerges to enable intelligent knowledge-based work
- Security shifts to a ‘zero trust’ model
- A new silicon gold rush
- M&A dynamics shift to outsized exits
Of particular importance, Research 451 notes that: “As the digital opportunity continues to evolve, it will become increasingly necessary to take a broader perspective: true insight will come from examining the way technologies overlap.” To accomplish this, companies will require solutions that enable them to derive value from their data wherever it is located — in the cloud, at the edge, or on-premises.
Learn more about these trends by downloading a copy of the report here.